To get the latest Royal Mail rates, perform a rate update on the franking machine to ensure that you print accurate postage.
Products affected: DM300M™, DM400M™, DM475™ (G922, RG9224M, SG922)
To get the latest Royal Mail rates, perform a rate update on the on the DM300M-DM475 to ensure that you print accurate postage. Follow these steps to update and then confirm your Royal Mail rates.
Important: This update can take up to 10 minutes to complete. During peak periods, heavy network traffic may require several connection attempts.
Before you start, make sure you connect your franking machine via SmartLink™, wired or wireless LAN or via PC Meter Connect in order to communicate with the Pitney Bowes Data Centre.
- Press Refill Postage.
- Select Check PBP Balance.
- Select Continue. The franking machine checks for then downloads and install the new rates.
- If the franking machine returns to the Home screen, it is likely that the new rates have already downloaded. Please check using the Rate Confirmation Tool.
- When the update completes, follow the screen prompts until you return to the Home screen. Do not switch off until the process is complete.
- You may receive a request to reconnect for a further upload or download. Proceed by re-connecting and follow any prompts.
- Once downloaded, the new rates will be held in memory until the effective date.
To confirm if you have downloaded the latest rates, visit the Rate Confirmation Tool. Select your franking machine model and enter your 7-digit serial number, and the tool will confirm if the latest rates are present in your franking machine.
The information can take a few hours to update. If you believe you have downloaded the rates, but the tool says otherwise, please try again after 2 hours.
If you download in advance of the effective date, do not worry if the new price does not show immediately after downloading. The new rates will not activate until the effective date.
Depending on your franking machine type, you may need to connect your franking machine again on the effective date.
Occasionally the franking machine requires a reboot on or after the effective date, in order to display the new rates.